5 Steps for Transaction Coordinators To Set And Meet Goals
January 18, 2023
We all have the best intentions when we set goals. But setting goals is the easy part. Achieving them is harder, requiring dedication, diligence, and most importantly, a plan. You also need to set the right kind of goals. Vague ones like “I want to increase my revenue this year” don’t provide anything concrete to work towards. Metric-driven goals – like “I want to boost revenue by 10 percent by bringing on 10 new large clients” – can be measured and monitored.
Not sure where to start when it comes to goal setting? This step-by-step guide will set you on the right track.
Step 1: Determine your “why”
What are your goals and why are they important to you? Thinking of the big picture will give you clarity on the specific steps you need to take. This also gives you focus as you work to achieve your goals. It can be helpful to write this down – that way you always have a document to refer to. You might even want to pin it to your office wall where you can see it every day to keep up your motivation! Do you want to make more money to meet a personal goal? Is it important to you to work more efficiently so you have more time with family? Figure out your motivation and write down.
Step 2: Define a specific goal
Make sure your goals are well-defined and quantifiable. Some experts recommend setting three annual measurable goals that can be tracked through the year.
- A bare minimum goal
- A great goal
- A stretch goal
Once you define your specific goal, you can begin tracking your progress. As you do this, you might uncover some surprising trends that will help you achieve your great goal or even your stretch goal. For example, you might learn that 75 percent of your revenue comes from 25 percent of your clients – this allows you to refocus your efforts on the most lucrative type of clients. Or if you’re looking to spend less time working, you can start tracking your tasks and how much time you spend doing each one. You might find you spend a good portion of your time doing a type of task you can outsource or streamline.
Step 3: Break it down
What actionable steps do you need to take each week, month, and quarter to achieve your goals? Now that you have a well-defined measurable target, figure out the specific activities you need to do each week, along with how much revenue you need to earn. For example, if you want to earn $100,000 more every year, start asking yourself these questions: How many referrals do you need? How many testimonials would you like? What types of agents or groups do you need to sign up — how many of those agents?
Step 4: Keep yourself accountable
Accountability is the difference between setting goals and attaining – or exceeding – them. True pros make sure they set up an accountability system. This might mean establishing weekly meetings with an admin or operations manager to review key numbers, and see what adjustments might need to be made in order to meet goals. Reach out to friends in the industry, in-person or online, who can help you stay accountable with frequent check-ins.
Step 5: Track and measure data
Measuring goals and holding yourself accountable requires having the right tools to track client activity and transactions. You’ll need this data for accountability check-ins, so you can identify any gaps between your goals and results, determine what isn’t working and where you need to pivot, and pinpoint which activities are working that you may need to ramp up. Tracking and measuring goals is much easier with a robust CRM for transaction coordinators designed to meet their specific needs.
How AFrameSoftware can help
The right software for transaction coordinators makes it easy to set, track, and meet goals. AFrameSoftware’s CRM features:
- Goal Setting: Users can set goals for units, volume, and income.
- Prospecting: Use our prospecting module to systematically reach out to prospective agents
- Email Marketing: Use our batch email feature to email out to all of your prospects on a regular basis.
- Analysis: Users can view stats in real time on the dashboard. You’ll always know exactly how your numbers match up with your goals.
- Detailed Reports: Run customized reports that break down where your business comes from. This helps you determine if you’re meeting your goals so you can make changes as needed.
Learn more about AFrameSoftware’s CRM platform by visiting our website or email us at info@AFrameSoftware.com
- Feature Update :: Agent Portal // Closed Transactions March 18, 2023
- Feature Update :: New Contact & Transaction Fields, Task Auto-Adjusting Due Date “Bug” February 23, 2023
- Slow Period? Revamp Your Business for Growth February 20, 2023
- Feature Update :: Custom Date Formats for Merge Field Codes & Copy Transaction Address Button February 17, 2023
- Staying Organized = Keys to Success for TCs February 15, 2023